Sunday, November 26, 2017

Six Blogger Style // How To Style Knitwear

Disclaimer: This post contains links to my own online boutique. All this means is that shopping using these links will earn me a commission (as per my company's policy) no additional cost to you. Thank you very much for your support!
giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_November2017_Knitwear-Collage
It's time for another round of Six Blogger Style! You may notice a little change-up; one of the original members of the group has left to pursue a more cohesive blog as well as focus more of her time on her new online shop. We all miss Lauren dearly and continue to support her as she branches out and grows!

In her stead is Dominique, who I will warmly introduce shortly when we come to her outfit for this month!

This month, the vote was decided to tackle a staple for the colder months on the cusp of fall and winter: knitwear. It's a broad topic, and there are so many ways to wear it. Let's get right into it, shall we?




Gabby (Hey, that's me!)

giftofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_november2017_knitwear-3

I chose to style knitwear with two items: my beanie and my cardigan! I am loving finally being in cold weather here, and I am so ready to pile on the layers! I found this cardigan in a thrift shop and loved the huge geometric pattern of it.

giftofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_november2017_knitwear-1

giftofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_november2017_knitwear-2

Pardon my face in this one. The wind kicked up right then and I was having a mini panic attack about my camera and tripod toppling over on me. Can you feel the Jedi Mind Trick oozing out of my pores here, saying "don't fall, don't fall, do not fall"? No? Just me then?

giftofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_november2017_knitwear-4

I wanted to pair something easy with this outfit jewelry-wise, so the chunky pearl and crystal beads in this long necklace worked perfectly. I think it adds some elegance to the casual slouchiness of my beanie.

giftofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_november2017_knitwear-5

Top // H&M Cardigan // Charlotte Russe (thrifted) Jeans // Blue Spice (T.J. Maxx) Boots // Rampage (Belk) Necklace // Pearl + Crystal Drops Long Necklace by Chloe + Isabel  Beanie // Xhilaration

Dominique (A Petite Flower)


Okay, everyone! It's time to meet Dominique!
"Hi! I'm Dominique. I'm 21 years old and I'm from Delaware. I have my own online vintage clothing store A Petite Flower Vintage, and I just started studying personal styling online at the New York Institute of Art & Design. I love fashion, disney, photography, and old movies. Honestly, my personal style is all over the place. One day I could be in head to toe vintage, and the other day in boots and a velvet dress I got at forever 21. It really depends on my mood. When I'm not wearing vintage, though, I tend to lean towards more of an edgy look. I would say this look is a little on the edgy side with a pop of girly from the pastel sweater."
I personally adore the combination of girly and edgy that Dominique has achieved here with her look! It makes me want to start collecting more enamel pins to incorporate into my style!

Chelsea (Rosy Point of View)



Chelsea enjoyed a cozy day in wearing an oversized, Geometric-Tribal Print cardigan (great minds think alike, eh?) and some fuzzy socks that are making me more aware of my freezing cold toes as I type. I like seeing this little peek into her adorable home, and she's also shared a look into her adorable kitchen on her blog as well!

Jody (It's Fantabulous)



Jody also chose to feature a knit hat, as well as layering a sweater under that gorgeous olive green coat she's wearing. I love the effortlessness and ease of this look!
"Living in the Midwest our fall and winters get cold, which means a cute (warm) knit hat is a staple in my fall/winter wardrobe.  To be honest when picking out hats I look for warmth first and then the cuteness factor, and this hat won me over because it is both.  I also wear this type of outfit out and about when running errands during the cooler months."
Rosy (Radiantly Rosy)


This is also going to be Rosy's final post with us! We will be missing her dearly, but she has decided to devote her time to her education, which is such an exciting adventure! I see wonderful things coming for Rosy!
"This month I chose this knitted shirt my mother made for me back when I was 15. I love the detail that she put into the making of it and wearing it makes me feel so loved!"
Oendrila (Just OD Things)


How cute is this hat Oendrila is wearing? Very, in my opinion. She's paired it with a great red button-up, and I love the contrast between her top and the backdrop for her photos!
"Winter is a time I used to spend in the middle of mounds of wool, churning out fun caps and mufflers, mostly for friends and family. The one piece I made for myself is this black beret. It comes out every winter. It goes well with most of my winter outfits, and the best part is, it covers my hair wich is usually dry and messed up in winter!"

Post a Comment