Saturday, September 30, 2017

Six Blogger Style // How to Wear Ankle Boots

Welcome to Round 2 of Six Blogger Style!
giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_September2017_Ankle-Boots-Collage

Last month, these 5 ladies and myself shared how we wear floral sundresses. Fall is arguably my favorite season, closely followed by Winter. I've been so ready to rid my life of the heat of summer and break into the warm and cozy fashion of fall, but alas living in Georgia, it's still just not cold enough for sweaters yet (boo!) However, I think all of us were ready to bring just a smidge of fall into our lives this month, so we all voted to style ankle boots for September!




Gabby (Hey, that's me!)

gifofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_september2017_ankleboots-1

I was dealing a lot the week I took these photos, so I'm not my usual perky self. I live with anxiety and depression, and having friends and family in the heavily affected areas of Hurricanes Harvey & Irma as well as near the wildfires in the Northwest really took a toll on me emotionally.

gifofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_september2017_ankleboots-2

gifofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_september2017_ankleboots-5

This day, my husband and I went out for a lunch date before we went grocery shopping. It's such a simple outfit, but these red booties just amp it up! I got the shoes back when Shoemint was still in business.

gifofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_september2017_ankleboots-4

I am also wearing jewelry from the Chloe + Isabel Fall 2017 Collection On Safari. (I am a merchandiser, and shopping through the links provided on my site will mean you're shopping in my boutique and supporting your resident blogger. ) These pieces are from the Amulet capsule collection. I absolutely LOVE the mixed metals!

gifofgabby_sixbloggerstyle_september2017_ankleboots-3

Top // Thrifted
Olive Skinny Jeans // Plato's Closet
Red & Gold Booties // Shoemint
Handbag // Kate Spade New York
Necklace // Chloe + Isabel Amulet Statement Pendant Necklace
Bracelet // Chloe + Isabel Amulet Hinged Bangle Bracelet
Ring // Chloe + Isabel Amulet Statement Ring
Earrings // Chloe + Isabel Amulet Convertible Drop Earrings
Sunglasses // Forever21

Chelsea - Rosy Point of View

outfit front CHELSEA

Chelsea is one of the few of us who can actually take the "Fall" memo and bundle up (I'm jealous!) I love the oversized scarf!
"I love finding unique accessories like these amazing boots from Bed Stü! Bed Stü uses organically tanned leather and still makes boots by hand! They say “Just like no two finger prints are the same, each BED|STÜ product is distinct” and I love that… plus they are cute and comfortable. I spend most of my day on my feet so comfort plays a role when I am shopping for shoes. In the fall in Chicago I also love to add a great scarf, like this one form a local designer, and a versatile jacket, denim for the win today! " 
Rosy - Radiantly Rosy
DSC_0097 (1)

Rosy's outfit it simple, feminine, and chic! You can't go wrong there!
"Fall is my absolute favorite of seasons, for the smells, colors, pastries, drinks, and overall fashion!
In Texas we don’t really experience fall weather until well into winter, lol, so it’s fun to be able to mix season!
That’s why I wore this super sweet dress, for the heat of the day, but paired it up with some super fallish boots.
-A good way to stay fall even if the weather doesn’t allow, us through colors, and these dark mustard boots scream autumn!"

Oendrila - Just OD Things

DSC_0183 copy

I loved seeing how Oendrila paired her ankle boots with a flowy, summery outfit! The brown compliments the colored patterns of the wrap beautifully.
"A faux-leather pair of ankle boots in brown that goes with denim as well as dresses. There are often some rules set around what boots can be paired with, but I love to experiment with my outfits and accessories, and I think boots add an interesting twist to a dress look. In this outfit, I have a summery outfit with a shift dress paired with a brightly coloured shrug; the brown boots just pull the whole look together, without making it look like a deliberate effort to make a statement with a fusion/boho look. It adds a twist alright, but in a gentle way."
Lauren - Mothering Honestly

Photo Sep 03, 7 03 46 PM

I just loved this image of Lauren and her little one, and those boots are super amazing!
"These boots were from Charlotte Russe. I love the color of them and they are really comfortable! The brown color said fall to me, and of course being in September, I am ready for fall clothing, but in Texas we don't really have season changes. Because of this I opted for this simple boot, the skinny jeans and this top."
Jody - It's Fantabulous

Sept Six Blog 4.1 (1 of 1)

Jody's outfit is casual and chic. I wish I could pull off layering with button-ups with cardigans like this! (Maybe I'll give it a try again this winter?)
"I bought these B.P Faren booties way back in July because I absolutely loved them, and ever since then I have been waiting for fall so I can wear them.  In the spirit of fall I chose to wear this cute cardigan over a white tie front blouse and believe this will be my favorite go to fall piece this fall and winter.  The best thing about fall is getting out my favorite sweaters and sweatshirts and curling up under a blanket with a good book or watching football with my family."

That's it for this month! Sound off in the comments, what item, trend, color, or pattern would YOU like to see us style? We just may take your suggestions!

Xoxo,
Gabby
This post was originally shared on 29 September 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long hiatus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby

Post a Comment