Sunday, October 22, 2017

The One My Soul Loves


Photos all taken by the amazing Brittany at Brittany Martorella Photography

Love is full of clichés, and there's nothing wrong with that. He really does know me better than I know myself. He is my light, my best friend, my home. He gives me butterflies and drives me absolutely insane, sometimes at the same time.

I could prattle on forever with quotes from literature or movies about love and how profound it is. I could compare our love to that of the greats, the idols of romantic relationships, but none of that really seems accurate.




Our love is crazy, intimate, messy, and wonderful. We fight and we laugh and we drive each other up a wall. When it comes down to it I know this amazing man is by my side always, and that I’m by his. He is strong where I am weak, and vice versa. We keep each other afloat and lift each other when we fall. He knows of parts of me I didn’t even know existed, he sees my strengths before they emerge.


I think the biggest misconception is that marriages have to be perfect in order to be considered “good” or “successful.” But trying to force perfection is a surefire way to ruin the best of things. We don’t expect perfection of each other. I know there are things we will never agree on (bananas are gross, just stop.) We know that we both have hobbies aside from what we enjoy doing together. All of this is more than okay. It’s great! We are able to maintain our individuality within our marriage. At the same time we have so much that we enjoy doing with each other.


It blows my mind that we’re a mere two months away from our 2nd marriage anniversary, and that next month will mark our 7th year in total that we’ve been together. It’s like that weird time warp situation where it’s like “wow, that’s a really long time” but at the same time I’m thinking “it went by so fast!” I can scarcely remember a time when he wasn’t in my life. Sometimes I forget completely that I haven’t known him my entire time on this earth. Everything about having him in my life has always just felt so natural, like it’s just the way things were meant to be. He is comfortable but not boring, he creates surprises and spontaneity that pushes me and opens new doors for me.


He is my whole heart. I love him with every ounce of me. If you’re reading this, Joe, I hope you know how much more I love you every single day.

Here’s to all the years we’ve had and to many more to come.

Xoxo,
Gabby

This post was originally shared on 21 October 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long haitus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby

Post a Comment