Thursday, October 26, 2017

#DormLifeVoxBox from Influenster


It’s time for another awesome VoxBox review courtesy of Influenster! This time I’ve gotten a box geared towards college students called the #DormLifeVoxBox (ironic since I’ve never lived in a dorm!)





This box features awesome products from Tampax, Alba Botanica, Sinful Colors, Sour Punch Candy, Balance Bar, and Not Your Mother’s. I was SO excited to get the “You’re In!” email for this box and am very pleased with EVERYTHING in here!

Balance Protein Bar in Cookie Dough


Someone at Influenster has ties with the NSA. That’s the only explanation for how they always send me my FAVORITE flavors! I’m usually not a fan of protein bars but this one was really great. It still had a mildly chalky aftertaste but the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor and the energy boost totally made up for it. I was able to get my whole house cleaned up in a day (and boy it needed it!)

Tampax Pocket Pearl


Tampax is my go-to tampon brand. In terms of comfort and absorbency, it’s really one of the best. These ones are really the perfect size for fitting into ridiculous lady-size pockets (but seriously why do we have such small pockets? Oh, right. So we have to buy purses if we want to carry anything larger than a lipstick.)

I don’t really know what all more to say that wouldn’t be WAY too much info, but suffice to say I was not complaining about getting free tampons and a coupon for more (damn you Tampon Tax!)

Sour Punch Candy Mini Bites


See the little “share me” on the package? Nobody tell my husband that was there. I got two packages of these in this box and between anxiety and PMS there was no way I was about to share. I love the resealable opening, which is great for sneaking snacks into overpriced movie theaters eating on the go. And the classic Sour Punch Straws flavors? Hits me right in the nostalgia.

Not Your Mother’s Naturals Dry Shampoo


This girl loooooves Dry Shampoo! My hair is naturally really oily so even if I shower the night before by morning my hair is a wreck. Dry shampoo is a lifesaver for my hair, especially when it comes to maintaining my red dye color!

As far as this particular one goes, it has its pros and cons. It works AMAZINGLY but it smells horrible. To me it smells more like chemicals than the other “not naturals” Dry shampoos, so the claim to be natural or at least partly so seems really far-fetched. Overall I’d have to give this one a cautious 4.5 stars out of 5. If it didn’t work as good as it does, the chemical smell alone would put this at like a 2 stars from me.

Alba Botanica Acnedote Face and Body Scrub


My husband and I both love this scrub! I get really bad stress breakouts when I PMS, and he (being in the army) always works out in the Georgia heat around army vehicles, so his pores get clogged easily. This scrub works wonders for both of us. My skin feels so soft and smooth, and the gritty texture (its ground walnut shells!) works great for his shoulders and upper back. I think this is probably my favorite face & body scrub EVER.

Sinful Colors Punk Yourself Line

I have to say I’m not really sold on these colors. The pink is called “24/7” and the purple is a top coat called “PurPunk”.


Now my nails are horridly infamous for being short and brittle thanks to my nervous anxiety habit of picking at any ragged pieces, so bear with my bad photos. But essentially you paint your nails with the base color and then (yes against everything you’ve ever learned) before it dries you add a thin layer of the top coat color (which they call the “hypnotic transforming top coat.) You can see it results in a weird crackly look. Now it may just be this color combo, but I’m really just not a fan. I love Sinful Colors usually but was less than impressed this time around.


That’s all for this VoxBox!
xoxo,
Gabby

This post was originally shared on 25 October 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long hiatus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby

Post a Comment