Thursday, July 20, 2017

#BreezyVoxBox from Influenster

4ad62b_a0cd23809bca44aeaf4759cfc70d6e6f-mv2_d_2931_2931_s_4_2
 
I recently received an amazing box of goodies FREE to test and review from an awesome site called Influenster. I've received many boxes from them before and I always love getting to test out new products! You can sign up HERE to start getting your own boxes to test & review!
 
This box is called the Breezy VoxBox, and included products from Origins, Nair, Sour Punch Candy, Profoot, and Head & Shoulders. Let's get into the reviews shall we?
 
 

 
Head & Shoulders Volume Boost Shampoo and Hair & Scalp Conditioner
 
 
Unfortunately, I can't use this shampoo or conditioner because they contain sulphates and will make my hair color fade FAST. And considering how expensive getting my hair colored is, I don't really feel like expediting the fade process. I will save these for Joe to use, though, once he runs out of his current products.
 
 
Profoot Heel Rescue Superior Moisturizing Foot Cream
This foot cream is very nice. It's great for my weekly Home pedicure and softens my dry heels. It's also nice to bring all the way up to your ankles for a luxurious feel. It doesn't have much scent to it, which is fine although I do love mint or lavender scented foot lotions. It doesn't take much at all, one short pump per foot (a full pump can do both feet!)

Sour Punch Straws in Pineapple-Mango Chili
 
4ad62b_6d2d9396fb9e4f64826730fcecd8685c-mv2_d_3024_4032_s_4_2
 
I'm going to be blatantly honest here. These were some of the nastiest things I have ever had candy-wise. And my husband agrees. I get what they were going for conceptually but this was just one of those things that sounds better than it is in practice. I was pretty disappointed because I LOVE Sour Punch Straws!
 
 
Sour Punch Bites in Ragin' Reds
 
4ad62b_3c398ccb0804485788e869a7cdcda5f7-mv2_d_3024_4032_s_4_2
 
These were my favorite of the two Sour Punch candies I received. It reminded me of my childhood (I was crazy about some sour candy!) I wasn't as fond of the thicker candy pieces as opposed to the classic Straws, but I would still snack on these for sure!

Nair Wax Ready Strips
 
No photos of this for obvious reasons. I don't have facial hair I need to be rid of so I tested this on my bikini area. Even following directions, these strips did NOTHING to remove hair. The wax itself came off of the strip and stuck to my skin. I will definitely NOT buy in the future.

Origins A Perfect World Age-Defense Moisturizer & Eye Cream with White Tea
 
4ad62b_1275dea6585d46da850125dbad92a694-mv2_d_1536_2048_s_2
 
Especially for the summer I completely love these two products. You always hear about how moisturizers have SPF protection, but I tend to be wary of the trueness of these facts. This Origins Moisturizer actually smells like sunblock, which gives a ton of credibility to their claim in my book. It tends to leave a little bit of an oily residue but if you use a toner to balance oily skin it calms down. Using a light setting powder on top can also help.  I have been using this during the day when I know I'll be out in the sun because I'm so pale that I burn extremely easily. The "age defense" portion doesn't apply to me much but it's still nice to know it's there.

That's all for now folks! Stay tuned for more Influenster VoxBox reviews!

This post was originally shared on 20 July 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long haitus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby 

Post a Comment