Monday, January 14, 2019

Caffe Amici Italian Restaurant



For our 2 year marriage anniversary, Joe and I decided to check out a local Italian restaurant we had heard good things about. I haven't had much experience with Italian dining other than the sad chain restaurants and maybe one or two trips to an Italian restaurant in Beaufort, and Caffe Amici did not disappoint on the positive reviews. It's a little out-of-the-way, tucked in a little outlet shopping center, but the food and ambiance inside makes you forget where you are. We have been back multiple times since!







We started our meal off with an order of their Black Mussels, in a light white wine sauce. I can honestly say these mussels are the best ones I have ever had, and the bread that came with it was amazing when the sauce soaked into it. YUM!




For my entrée, I ordered the Pollo Principessa, which is chicken sautéed with prosciutto, asparagus, and shrimp in a light garlic cream sauce. I have NEVER in my life eaten chicken as moist and tender as this, and the combination of all of the flavors was a delight.




Joe ended up ordering the Catch of the Day, which was a Chilean Sea Bass with brussels sprouts! I can't remember all of the details on what was in this dish, but I tried a bite and it was awesome!





Finally, Joe insisted that we get a cannoli for dessert when I told him I had never had one. It tasted a lot differently than I expected but it was really good!

Gabby's Top Picks

  • Pollo Principessa - see above
  • Black Mussels - see above
  • Mushroom Ravioli - tossed in a blush sauce
  • Vitello Francese - floured veal topped with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes in a white wine, garlic butter, rosemary, and lemon sauce


This post is not sponsored or paid for in any way by Caffe Amici or its affiliated parties and partners. This is simply my honest thoughts given organically about a restaurant I love. 

Post a Comment