Thursday, August 24, 2017

Six Blogger Style // How to Wear a Floral Sundress

giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_August2017_Floral-Sundress-Collage.jpg
I recently gathered a small group of style bloggers with an idea. What if we all decided on a general item of clothing, print, or fashion trend and styled it our own way?

There are so many different ways to wear pretty much everything, and I love to see how different people style similar items. And so, myself and five other lovely ladies have started Six Blogger Style! This is a once-a-month feature on each of our blogs where our readers can see each of our personal styles.

Since this is the first month, I'm going to introduce everyone underneath their posts! Everyone has written a short introduction for themselves, and I'll be linking to their blog posts as well so you can learn more about each of their outfits!





Gabby (Hey, that's me!)

giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_August2017_Floral-Sundress-1

My name is Gabby. I am 22 years old, and living in Columbus, GA with my husband and our two fur babies. My blog, Gift of Gabby, is a lifestyle and personal style blog, where I like to share outfits, product reviews, beauty ideas, and more.

I find it hard to describe my personal style because I don't like to feel bound by labeling my style as “bohemian”, “vintage”, or “punk”. I have days where I like to be each of these things and more! Sometimes I think it's fun to treat each day brand new and dress however you want. Of course I do love my vintage-inspired pieces, so they're always a good go-to or starting point for me!

giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_August2017_Floral-Sundress-2


giftofgabbyblog_sixbloggerstyle_August2017_Floral-Sundress-3

Dress with Belt // Rosegal , similar
Flats // JCPenney
Wool Hat // H&M
Purse // Kate Spade New York
Sunglasses // Hobby Lobby


Lauren - Mothering Honestly

Photo Aug 14, 8 23 21 AM
My name is Lauren and I run Mothering Honestly Blog.
I breastfeed, babywear, and I like to cook and do fun crafts and DIY projects. My website consists of stories of motherhood, product reviews, coupons and whatever else I feel like writing about that day!

It's hard to describe my personal style right now because I totally fit into the category of "momwear". I want to wear whatever is comfortable that day, and most of the time that consists of comfortable workout clothes and nursing friendly dresses.
I liked this dress because I thought the pattern was cute and I love black and white clothing! It felt good to take the opportunity to actually put a little bit of makeup on and style my hair a little! It's so hard to find the time anymore!


Chelsea -  Rosy Point of View

back2

Chelsea is a young biomedical researcher living in the Chicago area. She describes her style as classic with a twist, and blogs about style and self care.
I tend to live in sundresses in the summer, but I love that this one is a little different with a dark black background. The black background means I can take this fun summer dress into my fall  wardrobe too by pairing it with blazers, tights, or sweaters! I decided to photograph it out in the wild on a fun summer Saturday morning at our farmers market since I felt fun and fresh in my big hat and floral sundress. I tend to pair this dress with sandals or flats since it is a little on the short side but I could easily dress it up with some heels if I wanted to be more sassy with it!

Oendrila - Just OD Things

DSC_0054 copy

Oendrila has been very creative and turned an Anarkali suit, commonly worn by women in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, and turned it into a beautiful, stylish sundress!

Rosy - Radiantly Rosy

DSC_0021

Rosy describes her style as "less is more" and loves sundresses, especially when the outfit is flirty and fun like this one! I love the off-the-shoulder silhouette on her!


Jody - It's Fantabulous

Jody Sundress 1.4 (1 of 1)

Jody blogs about her journey in finding a style suitable for a 40-something Mom of 3 (soon to be 6) kids. She tends to stick to more casual, simple looks but is finding herself branching out to other things.

 I love the look of this boho style sundress. This dress was so much fun to wear and love how flowy the skirt is. I could see myself using this a swimsuit cover up whenever we hit the beach orhead to the pool in Vegas this fall.
 That concludes this month's style roundup! What item, color, or trend would you like to see us style? Let me know in the comments below!

This post was originally shared on 24 August 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long haitus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby

Post a Comment