Monday, September 24, 2018

Exploring Pine Mountain, GA


Saturday, we took a trip with some friends about half an hour outside of Columbus to a small town called Pine Mountain. It's an antiquer's dream! The downtown area we were in wasn't very big, but more than half of the storefronts were antique or vintage shops. There were lots of beautiful murals in the area, but I didn't get any pictures of them except for the one above.







One of my favorite finds in the shops was this adorable vintage Gunne Sax dress. It wasn't my size or really even a pattern I'd wear, but I had never actually found one in person so it was kind of surreal to spend some time admiring it before moving along through the shop.

Another thing that was nice was having my friend Katrina there with me. While her husband was off browsing with Joe, she and I stuck together and shopped. Sometimes it's really nice to have another girl to appreciate the same things as you-- plus it's less pressure when I'm spending extra long ogling the sparkly jewelry in the display cases! Ha!


We had lunch at a delicious restaurant called The Kitchen at Rose Cottage. The restaurant uses all seasonal and fresh ingredients, so the menu isn't always the same, which I love! I ended up getting the Three Cheese Grilled Cheese with a side of a cup of their Tomato Basil Bisque, which was all delicious. Joe got their Monte Cristo sandwich with kettle chips, and was extremely pleased with his as well. I also had their Iced Coffee Latte with my dinner, and everyone had a slice of their Peanut Butter Pie for dessert. 

I was a little surprised by their restroom; it's very frilly, but what got me was all the paintings that were.... staring at me while I peed. Plus the paintings were all for sale so part of me is a little weirded out knowing that someone will someday own a painting that watched me pee. I don't know what prompted that line of thinking but I couldn't quite shake it. See evidence below.

So many eyes...



Also, can we talk about these adorable Color Street Nail Strips? I'm so sad this print is being discontinued! Plus, the adorable band I have for my FitBit Flex 2 is one of my favorite accessories.


It was a fun, successful day. I even got a great deal on the perfect vintage square scarf-- less than $3 after tax! I can't wait for it to be cool enough for scarves (i.e. not 90 degrees) to be able to give it an appearance on the blog!

Peep these adorable bikes! (and an incognito appearance by Katrina on the right)






Post a Comment