Sunday, November 12, 2017

Nerdy/Geeky Fall/Winter Fashion

Hey everyone! I’m happy to present a new guest post on the blog today! E. L. blogs over at E. L. Lane Writer, and I’m glad to share her nerdy-style take on cold weather fashions. A girl after my own heart! Enjoy!

The weather is cooling down a bit in Miami, and this is when Floridians dust off their furry boots and leather jackets. I took advantage of the cooler weather we had a couple of weeks ago to put together my new favorite nerdy/ geeky fall/winter outfits.

I call the first one...


Harry Potter Happy Hour

This outfit was inspired by my Slytherin inclinations.


I got a bunch of compliments on my lip color. It’s from Bite Beauty’s Amuse Bouche Lipstick collection in the color Black Truffle. It is black no doubt about it, but it also has a deep purple hue that I love for the fall/winter time.

I bought this Hogwarts shirt a couple of years ago at Hot Topic. The jeans are dark blue denim curvy-fit skinny jeans from Macy’s Style and Co. The boots are black riding boots that I got many years ago.

I paired this outfit with the black faux leather jacket that I bought a couple of months ago at Old Navy, and it was a match made in heaven.


I would wear this outfit to happy hour with the girls or on an adventure outside on a cool day.
I don’t have my nails painted in the photos because mom life is busy and I just didn’t have the time, but how cool would this nail polish be with this outfit?


This nail polish is made by Pretty Woman and the shade is Wine with Ice, Garçon. I got this nail polish in an ipsy subscription box a few months ago.
I don’t own anything like this, but how cool would this outfit be with some gold lightning bolt stud earrings like these?


Now onto my second look. I call this one...

Rah Rah Ravenclaw

Who wouldn’t love rooting on their favorite Hogwarts house in comfort and style?


I got the jeans and sweater last month, and I am loving this combination. I got the sweater at Boxlunchand the skinny jeans at Old Navy.Both of these items are soft and super comfortable. The Reebok shoes I’ve had for the longest time and can’t remember where I purchased them, but they are also very comfortable.


I wore this outfit all day to pick up my daughter from school and then run a few errands.
I’d love to pair this outfit with those gold lightning bolt stud earrings (pictured above) and gray nail polish like the one pictured below.

The last look is not Harry Potter-themed, but it is definitely geeky.

I call this one...

The Frank-n-genta

For this look I channeled the spirits of my favorite Transsexuals - Frank N. Furter and Magenta.


I wore my Ripple Junction Rocky Horror Picture Show shirt (purchased at Hot Topic years ago), black leggings, black faux leather jacket, a string of Frank N. Furter-inspired pearls, and large frizzy curly Magenta-inspired hair.


I also wore some black calf-high high-heeled boots to pay homage to Frank N. Furter’s black high-heels.

For makeup, I used a sample-sized Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion to line my eyes and lips (please don’t judge me for using an eye pencil as lipliner ;P) which I received in an ipsy subscription box last month. On my lips, I also used the aforementioned Bite Beauty lipstick shade and L’Oreal Paris’ Infallible Lip Color collection in Refined Ruby (337) shade. To contour, I used the Nomad Multi-Perfection Bronzer duo on Principessa that I also received as a sample in an ipsy box.
I wore this to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show at a theater, but I would also wear this to a Halloween party or a night of general mischief.

There you have it, ladies and gents. My first ever fashion blog post. I hope you find some inspiration for your nerdy/geeky looks!

Xo,
E. L.
Thanks again to E.L. For sharing her take on nerdy cold weather fashions! I think my favorite has to be the Frank-n-Genta look! So sassy and fun!
To see more of E.L., you can find her blog and social media at the links below:
Blog
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Thanks for tuning in! Stay tuned for the next blog post here on Gift of Gabby!

Post a Comment