Monday, October 30, 2017

Uptown Chili Thai


Joe and I have lived in Columbus for almost 2 years now and we’ve noticed that we get into a rut with restaurants. There are so many restaurants here but we almost always end up visiting the same places. I suppose it has something to do with comfort zones and, in part, laziness. We have recently been trying to branch out for lunches on our out-of-house excursions, and happened across this restaurant called Uptown Chili Thai, which was just one street over from he main shopping strip in the Uptown area. I’d heard about it before but never thought much about trying it because it wasn’t ever in our direct line of sight when we were in the area.




Entrées come with your choice of either a spring roll or their coconut soup. I’ve had both and they’re both excellent. The coconut soup is mildly sweet with a savory and sour tang to it, which is weird but in a good way. I’m a sucker for a good soup, and I’m excited to share some soup recipes this fall & winter on the blog!


I got a delicious dish called Pad See Ew, which I got with chicken. It’s a sweet and savory dish, unlike most of their menu which is more along the spicy route. I love spicy food, but I have to be in a certain mood for yet. The Pad See Ew is delicious though! Joe got their Drunken Noodles (and asked for extra spicy was.) I don’t know how he can handle all that heat!


Our two entrees and included soup starters cost us exactly $20 even after tax, and that’s with a big enough portion for me to take half mine in a box! Not too shabby for a delicious lunch! This is definitely a spot to return to.

Xoxo,
Gabby

This post was originally shared on 29 October 2017 back when this blog was on Wordpress. I took a long haitus to work on my mental health and decided that Blogger was a more manageable platform, so I am migrating posts here so I don't lose everything. I look forward to creating new content in a no-pressure context!   xoxo, Gabby

Post a Comment